We may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30th May 2012.
How we collect information from you
We collect the following kinds of information from people visiting our web site:
- Feedback through visitors emailing The Self Storage Directory or completing online forms.
- Queries and quotation requests through visitors emailing The Self Storage Directory or completing online forms.
- Anonymous site usage information using cookies and analytic techniques.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To respond to your quotation request regarding storage. When you request a quote, we share the information you submitted at that time with the relevant Self Storage facilities so they can respond to your request.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. By requesting a quote for storage, you are giving us permission to share the information you submitted at that time with the relevant Self Storage facilities. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you are having any issues accessing or using any part of the site please contact us and we will try our best to accommodate your requirements for information.
Other web sites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to contact us
Our policy may change from time to time. This site will always contain our current policy.